Monday, August 8, 2011

Unimpressed

Despite being in California all summer, I recently had the opportunity to read and review Left at the Altar: My Story of Hope and Healing for Every Woman Who Has Felt the Heartbreak of Rejection. 


Being in counseling classes the last year, I expected so much from this book. I expected her to be encouraging and meaningful. I expected to hear her story but also hear how God was glorified. Instead, I thought don't waste your time. The story is about Kimberly, who's fiance leaves her the day before her wedding. The book actually starts out decently telling about the events of the break up. And then it quickly goes down hill. The author starts talking about the seven stages of grief and it feels more like a school text book than an inspiring story of any kind.

The redeeming quality of the book was She wraps up her book with some feedback from men regarding their perspective on why they rejected women they were in relationships with. This information may surprise you.



I received this book from BookSneeze.com and was under no obligation to give it a good review. 

No comments: