Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happenings

I keep sitting down to write something and then my name gets called or I am pulled away to do something different.

This summer has been crazy. I don't even know where to start. So here are a few of the things I have done this summer:
*Camp- which was insane. It was cold and wet the first couple of days then turned hot. I was not prepared. At all.
 *VBS- Its all about New York City and it makes me miss that city and those who live around it so much. I have amazing memories of NYC and am hoping that when I go visit my best friend, we will be able to see the city again.
*Host Homes- Living out of a suitcase is more annoying than I thought it would be. My host homes however have been fantastic. Very loving, very concerned and very open to whatever it is that I may or may not need.
*Having only one partner- again more annoying than I thought it would be. I wish there was more of us to share the workload.
*Spending the day in San Francisco- what an incredible city. It is so beautiful and so unique. I wish I could have spent more time there. My heart broke for the people there and the need that I saw. Words can not describe how much I feel in love with this city....
*Spending time with other believers- I feel like I have learned so much this summer. Part of the reason why I fell in love with my small group in North Raleigh was because they followed the Bible. I see people out here trying to. I can sit and tell them what I would do or try to give them a seminary response, the fact is these people want to follow Jesus. It is written all over their actions, words and faces.

I am not sure what I was expecting this summer. I have definitely had to fight feelings of frustration when I look at other peoples pictures from their summer adventures and think "ugh, Lord, I could have done that. Why did you put me somewhere where I feel like I fail more than anything else?"

Truthfully, I have often times felt like a failure this summer. Maybe not so much in my words or actions, but in simply thinking I should know what to do or say and instead I have no idea.

In the past couple of weeks, God has been gracious. He has shown new mercies every day. Instead of condemning me, I am able to stand free. It has been a humbling experience and hopefully something that God will continue to use even after I head home in 1.5 weeks.

"You make all things work together for my good..."


P.S. So it turns out I will be staying on the east coast to finish my degree this year. Opportunities though for after I finish have started to show and I am in need of prayer for discernment. Also pray for focus! I get distracted so easily. :)

No comments: