Friday, March 12, 2010

7 Quick Take Friday #3



1. Ack! It's Friday! I usually love Fridays but today just feels like the end of a long week and I catch myself thinking it's not over. My weekend became packed with things and I am not sure next week is looking much better.

2. Wednesday Bible Study. I love Wednesdays. They may become my new Thursdays. Although I still love Thursdays. This past Wednesday though I got to go to Bible study which is refreshing for me because I get to go outside of my Seminary life to spend some time with real women who are in different stages, professions and walks. I love learning from each of them... this past Wednesday I drove back to Wake Forest thinking "Lord, I want my life and confidence to be found in You. I want to shine the way the women in my small group do."

3. My Thursday class always makes me walk away thinking about pain, suffering and evil. I am becoming more and more aware of spiritual warfare and what it really means to take on the full armor of God. Recently I have been learning about the shield aspect of that. I goggled what the uses of a shield were- I think I knew before I started but honestly I forgot that the shield is an important part of battle. I hear so much about the sword or the breastplate or the helmet that often times we forget that the first thing that an arrow hits would be the shield. Funny, in the armor of God it is the shield of faith.... I haven't work this analogy all out but as a shield became more and more developed they became stronger, using a lighter material that was easy to carry. Maybe as I continue to work out my faith and learn the areas that need healing, my faith will not just be strong but it will be easier for me to hold onto instantly that when a rubber band comes my way.

4. I have a church history test and honestly, I have to say, I don't think I care about history. I mean, I love Luther and Zwingli and even have a soft spot on my heart for Cranmer but I just don't care about history.....

5. With that said, I love my professor. I love the stories I get to hear. I love the fact that I get to learn about what happens and that my professor seems to make things alive that have the potential to be very, very boring.

6. I am finding that I am starting to eat my fruits and vegetables. And I must say that I am enjoying it. I feel like I have more energy and I am not sure if that is from what I am eating or simply due the fact that I am trying to get at least 8 hours of sleep in a night.

7. Prayer request: I am starting to get a little apprehensive about what I am going to do this summer. I KNOW God has a plan. I KNOW that God has stuff under control. I KNOW that He will provide. BUT I am having a hard time transferring that knowing to believing and claiming and resting. Also, my dad is having surgery on his knee in April.

That's all for this quick takes! Hope people are having a great week!

No comments: