Monday, March 8, 2010

7 Quick Takes... on a Monday though


1. I have given up Facebook for lent but still find myself thinking about my life in terms of what my status would be at any given moment.

2. I had lunch with my Bible study leader today and can I tell you? AMAZING. I am so glad that I decided to join that group even though it means one more day that I have to drive the 30 minutes out to Durham. We talked about life for about an hour and I loved meeting with her and sharing my story with someone who has similarities to my life but can look back and encourage me where I am.

3. Spring Break number 1 was last week. I think I got too use to not working or going to class because it was a fight to wake up this morning.

4. Spring might be here. North Carolina weather is is just as crazy as China weather and I am not sure how long it is going to stay beautiful but it is.... BEAUTIFUL.... unfortunately my allergies do not agree and I have been taking sinus meds like it's candy.

5. I have a stack of books that need to be read and yet the weather says "come play before it gets hot and miserable" ... thus I don't want to read anything school related which I am sure will come back to haunt me the next few weeks when I take test and quizzes on stuff I am suppose to read. I will read everything before it's due....

6. The Summit is going to be starting a church in North Raleigh. Part of me thinks YAY! The other part of me think ICK.... I mean another church in N. Raleigh? Really? Needless to say, I will probably not be attending as the new campus may be all seminary students and I like the fact that when I go to Durham I don't see people that I automatically think they are from Southeastern (I love my friends... but I do struggle with wanting to build relationships outside of school).

7. I love post-it notes and list. I feel sort of accomplishment when I check something off. Who knew?

2 comments:

leslie.kidd said...

Stephanie, what is this Quick Friday ... thing...can you explain it to me? :) ~ Leslie

Stefflyn13 said...

yes i will send you an e-mail about it :)