Monday, March 29, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday..... on Tuesday

I should do a real post soon..... I may do it sometime this week

#1
Elevate (as defined by free dictionary.com):
To move (something) to a higher place or position from a lower one; lift.
To increase the amplitude, intensity, or volume of.
To promote to a higher rank.
To raise to a higher moral, cultural, or intellectual level.
To lift the spirits of; elate.

#2
Elevate is what the Sunday night youth gathering at the Summit is called. After I leave- I definitely see why they decided to go with that name. I have been in youth groups, met youth leaders and wannabe leaders, served at youth camps.... nothing quite compares to the way these students get challenged to meet Jesus, to bring friends, and to serve their schools. I am still not sure why they allowed me to help on Sunday nights as most of the time I feel like I am just wondering around looking dumb.

#3
Spring 2 is currently happening..... yes 2. It's technically Easter week but whatever.

#4
So Summit news number 2: they are having 19 Easter services! no seriously. 19 different services at different times in different places. Not one of them is at sunrise. Praise Jesus I don't have to feel guilty for not showing up at sunrise (I always felt guilty in college). I have invited 2 friends only to have them say no= discouraging. BUT I do know that God will show up at all 19 services and I am excited to see what He does=encouraging.

#5
I have joined twitter. So far I think I like it more than Facebook. It takes up less of my time and I can ignore it from the hours of 6pm to 8am. Bliss.

#6
I have 2 books to read for 2 classes which end in me doing a paper on each book. I also have to find an agnostic or atheist to interview. This would be a good week to start all of that. Instead, today I went to the library and checked out 4 non-academic books.

#7
Coupons make me so happy. I think I get too excited when I get them in the mail or when I remember to buy a Sunday paper. This weeks still in the paper: $1 off any drink at Caribou Coffee. LOVE. IT.

No comments: