Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Billion Reasons Why

I love Kristen Billerbeck. Easily one of my favorite authors. He mix of reality and God make for fun and fast reads. This book A Billion Reasons Why was not a let down. I loved how Billerbeck mentions Glee, Justin Beiber and much more made this book interesting without too much trying.

Katie is about to get engaged to a safe and somewhat boring man but still has feeling for a college sweetheart, who also happens to be a billionaire. This book speaks very indirectly to trusting in God when it comes to relationships.  One of my favorite quotes of the book was, "No one who truly understands grace will tell a person their sin is beyond it" (252).  It is such a  wonderful statement that shows that people can move on from their past and  be in grace of God, living a life that please him.

I have never been let down by Billerbeck and this book was no exception. I think she has redefined Christian romance in a good way. It was a wonderful winter read and comes highly recommended (along with all of her other books as well).

No comments: