Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where Hearts are Free- Golden Parsons

The story is set in Philadelphia 1681. It revolves around Bridget Barrington and the Clavell family. The book deals with how in spite of all odds and seemingly insurmountable obstacles, love and faith in God finally triumph.

I usually love to read. I can finish a book quickly and enjoy about 85 percent of what I pick up. Where Hearts are Free was a different story. I got the book about 3 months ago. It has taken me three months to read it. I pick it from Book Sneeze.com because I liked the cover. Call me stupid but I do think that a books cover has a lot to do with whether or not I will like it. I assumed that I would like this one. That it would take me back to my youth when I use to devour books like these. Perhaps this is just a lesson that I must read the entire series seeing as this was the last book. Or maybe this book is just another proof that I have grown up.

The main character Bridget, is a bit whiny and selfish and I didn't actually start to like her until the end of the story. That aside, that book seemed predictable and boring. I knew what was going to happen. I knew that despite the authors attempt to put barriers between Bridget and her love they would end up together in the end... with a little bit of God thrown in there.

I suppose this book will teach me a lesson not to pick a book simply because of it's cover. The cover may have been appealing but the storyline left much to be desired.

I got this book for free from booksneeze.com. I’m not required to give a positive review.

No comments: