Tuesday, March 24, 2009

525600 Minutes

525600 minutes. In a year. Thats right. The broadway musical RENT taught me that.

I have about 4 amd half months left in China.

My mind is thinking about housing in the fall, how to pay for classes, and what to do about a vehicle when I get back. The physical necessities. My mind is also thinking about the emotional and spirtual needs of getting back into a culture that has changes- into a life that is not how I left it.

Yet- today I was reminded that I only have about 198765 minutes left in China and those are slipping away- wasted by me focusing on other things.

198765 minutes.

In the words of RENT- how do you measure a year in the life?
It's my precious little student Charlie's and my precious friend Yuki's birthdays. Today for atleast some of those minutes- I plan to celebrate them.

No comments: