Monday, March 2, 2009

GST

Leslie had a better explaination for GST than I could come up with. Here it is:
Grace in Small Things "exists because we are choosing not to allow the noisiness of life to rob us of the time and energy to be mindful of ourselves and those we love and to recognize the grace that exists in small things....it is a challenge for every day, because there's no time like the present, tomorrow, never comes, and some other cliche about seizing the day.  Oh right: carpe diem" (http://graceinsmallthings.ning.com/).  The idea is to find five things everyday where we can see God's grace and be thankful for those 5 things. 

Here are mine for the weekend. Be advised that I will probably not do this every day as I should. 3/4 of 365.
1. Honest conversations with my friend Cara about my future and knowing she not only listening but semi-caring about  me rambling on about my life.
2. Inviting myself over to Cara and Joel's on Sunday and still having a great afternoon.
3. Sunday morning worship. I always wonder if our churches in the US were to lose everything how real would we be- Sunday mornings prove that we can worship without things that make usually make life more comfortable.
4. Making Hamburger Helper and having leftovers for at least 2 days.
5. Sleeping in later that I probably should have on Saturday. Needed and incredible.
6.  Reading the rest of my book on Sunday evening. Kind of weird Paulo Coelho.
7. Talking to Leslie and Annie in the same day.
8. Finding plane tickets to NJ to see my best friend when I get back to the states in August.
9. Finishing 2 pages of scholarship stuff and only having 1 more left!
10. Knowing all my lesson plans are done for the week so I could relax in the weekend.

1 comment:

leslie.kidd said...

nicely done...I like how some of ours are the same! Hey, I never said I would be horrible at it ;) lol - also, I think people would get bored of it after a while, or? glad I could help you out w/ the explanation...I used their website for it, obviously! :)
Have a great week!